What just happened?
You both really like and keep having sex, but you decided to try things a little differently this time, more carefree basically…like unprotected sex, no barriers, no boundaries, no condoms. Even her birth control lapsed.
Soooooo no consequences, right? Well, not exactly. She missed her period and is starting to have all of the signs and symptoms of pregnancy. She’s freaking out saying, “it’s all your fault!” Now you’re beginning to think it’s her fault. Actually while busy blaming each other you know deep down it’s both of your faults, but mostly your own. You did not want to put the condom on this time, so where do you and your girlfriend go now for help? What about her feelings? What about yours? Are you both on the same page for what to do? Or not? Take a deep breath and follow our simple DIY.
First, in an unplanned or crisis pregnancy get educated as quickly as you can with the facts. Yes, get all of the facts and all of the options. You can do this!
Go to Google and type in “pregnancy test near me” and you’ll find our free and nearby clinic. PRC Naples and the Campus Clinic of Estero are your best sexual health resources clinics to help out with healthy and safe solutions for an unplanned pregnancy. Here’s what you can expect:
- All of the facts, options, resources, and testing, and the best part… It’s all FREE! We just need to see your photo I.D.
- Set an appointment with ease, either online at prcnaples.org or by calling either clinic, 239-317-0015 for Estero, or 239-280-5523 for Naples. Our Estero location is open Saturdays and we take walk-ins.
- When you arrive you will enter a relaxed and very clean medical clinic. A patient advocate will greet you and your girlfriend to provide you with a complimentary beverage and brief medical intake forms to complete.
- Our friendly team includes a patient advocate for your girlfriend, and a male advocate separately for you. They alongside the licensed medical team, will guide you through this 1-hour visit, evaluate your needs and a game plan for next steps. This may include an ultrasound for your girlfriend and/or STI testing and treatment for you both if warranted…also free of charge.
- At PRC, you’ll no doubt be in the safe zone that’s judgment-free and supportive to take care of you and your girlfriend’s sexual health needs, even your unplanned pregnancy. We are all about YOU, to turn your “Now what?” into a “Know what!”