Are you feeling anxious, confused, overwhelmed, and possibly a little excited all at once? Here are some helpful tips to prepare for your first visit to a pregnancy clinic. Coming to our clinic will help you get the answers you need: what tests are required to confirm your pregnancy, how far along you are, when you can have an ultrasound, how to make the best decisions for your pregnancy, and more.
At our PRC Clinics, we want you to know that you don’t have to be fearful. Our friendly and professional staff at Naples free clinic are here to give you all of the answers you need in a warm and welcoming space and help you with all your pregnancy concerns. It’s important to make contact, find out the facts, and have your first prenatal visit as soon as you learn you are pregnant.
What to Expect at Your First Prenatal Visit
The best thing about your first visit to a pregnancy resource clinic is that you will see that you are in control of your pregnancy and healthcare. You’ll get all the information you require to tackle your pregnancy needs head-on. Below, we take a closer look at a few important steps that will take place when you first visit our clinic:
Come Prepared with Questions/Concerns
The purpose of your first visit is to confirm that you are pregnant, determine your due date, and find out any possible risk factors you may have. So, come with any personal health questions you have and our medical staff will personally help guide you through your choices in the beginning of pregnancy.
Your Physical Exam
You’ll go through a routine physical exam during your visit. You will be weighed, your blood pressure taken, you’ll leave a urine sample, and you may have an ultrasound depending on how far along you are in your pregnancy. An internal pelvic exam is not required at your first visit unless you have a specific concern that requires evaluation.
Important Lab Tests
You will leave a urine sample for a pregnancy test at the start of your visit. Following your examination, your nurse may suggest that you have blood drawn to check for sexually transmitted infections.
How We Do Things at Our PRC Clinics
At PRC we offer free and confidential pregnancy testing and ultrasounds for women. We aim to provide a safe and no-pressure environment for you during this time. Even scheduling an appointment and paperwork can be completed online.
- We offer free pregnancy tests, ultrasounds, and medical consultations
- You can schedule your appointment online and fill out our forms to save you time in the waiting room
- You only need to bring along your driver’s license to the Clinic
- A typical appointment takes about an hour and includes a free confidential pregnancy test, ultrasound (if you are far enough along), and STI testing (test is sent out to the lab)
- You can chat with us about your three options: Parenting, adoption, and termination. Our nurses and staff will listen and discuss the risks and benefits with you so that you can make your best fully-informed decision
- Your medical-grade lab results for STI testing are available within one week
- All medical tests and procedures are performed and administered by licensed medical professionals. We have: licensed ultrasonographers and six licensed Registered Nurses all overseen by our Board-certified OB/GYN Doctor
- We also offer support groups for those who want or need additional help
So, if you have just found out that you are pregnant and you’re feeling overwhelmed, let PRC Naples free clinic help you gather all the information you need to feel empowered again. We help with all of your pregnancy needs, starting with free pregnancy testing and ultrasounds to medical assessment, educational information, and unplanned pregnancy support.
Make an appointment online today, at www.prcnaples.org, or give us a call.