Preparing for your first ultrasound can be scary, exciting, nerve-wracking, and emotional, all at the same time.
Here at our free pregnancy clinics, we want your ultrasound to be as positive of an experience as possible.
So, we made a quick guide of what you can expect during a pregnancy ultrasound.
- First, we will confirm your pregnancy
- Before we begin the ultrasound, our nurses will administer a urine-based pregnancy test for you to take to confirm that you are pregnant. Make sure you drink lots of water for the testing!
- Then, if the test reads positive, we will determine how far along you are by asking your last missed period. If you are at least 7 weeks, our sonographer will perform an ultrasound, if not, we will schedule a time for you to come back in when you are far enough along.
- Then, we ask: “Are you under the care of an OBGYN already for this pregnancy?”
- We ask this question because if you have already seen an OBGYN for your pregnancy, we are unable to perform your ultrasound. If you are, we can help you with other needs you may have.
- If you have not seen a physician yet for this pregnancy, we will move forward with the test.
- Next, we will bring you into the sonogram room and ask if you would like anyone to be in there with you.
- Depending on your comfort level, you are welcome to bring in any friend or family member to see the baby. We will get you all set up first and have the picture of the baby on the screen, then, they are welcome to come in and see. Totally up to you!
- You’re all set!
- Depending on what you are comfortable with, you will leave with an estimated due date, a picture of your baby, and a blanket!
And that’s what you can expect during your ultrasound appointment.
To schedule an appointment, give our clinics a call, or make an appointment online. We are here to offer free and confidential pregnancy testing and ultrasounds for women. Our goal is to provide a safe and pressure-free environment for you! Give us a call today.
*Pregnancy Resource Center is a medical clinic. All and every medical test and procedure is performed and administered by our medical staff.